• 1 cup (2 sticks), Organic Valley Unsalted Butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 2 large Organic Valley Eggs
• 1 cup Organic Valley Eggnog
• 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Eggnog icing (see recipe below)
• Dash of nutmeg
1. In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Add eggnog, rum, and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating just until combined.
5. Chill dough for 30 minutes for easier handling and heat oven to 350°F.
6. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
7. Using floured cookie cutters or round biscuit cutter, cut into desired shapes.
8. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
9. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
10. Transfer to wire cooling racks and cool completely.
11. When cool, ice cookies with Eggnog Icing and sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.