Hungarian Mushroom Soup
1 oz. Northwest Mushrooms Mix*, reconstituted with soaking water reserved
4 tbsp Butter
4 tbsp Flour
2 ½ cups Water or Stock
4 cups Milk
2 cups Chopped Onion
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 cup Sour Cream
4 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Dill Weed
2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
1. In a medium saucepan, lightly sauté onions in butter until translucent,
add flour and cook while stirring for 2–3 minutes.
2. Slowly whisk in mushrooms and their soaking water and cook over
medium heat until thickened.
3. Add milk and paprika and simmer another 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Whisk in ½ cup of the sour cream, then add the remaining ingredients.
5. Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream.
*Northwest: A mix of porcini, morels, lobster and black Add this mix to soups, stews and
mix trumpet mushrooms. These are the four of casseroles for an exciting variety of
our most flavorful wild mushrooms. earthy flavors and textures.